No tv stations

A year or two ago my tv stopped getting any stations. I could not afford to fix it so I just listened to the radio ever since. This week I called the tv shop and asked him if he has a tube tester I can use. He said the tv dont have tubes no more. I told him mine does, it's a 1956 Zenith and I had it since I bought it in 57 and paid good money for it. I tested and changed tubes lots of times. Then he asks me if I got cable. I tell him hell no, just rabbit ears. Cable costs too much and I only watch the weather and sometimes the news. Thats when he said the government changed the way tv works and I need to go to walmart to buy a convertor box and the tv will work again. But then he tried to sell me a new tv and I hung up the telephone on the guy. Always somebody trying to make a fast buck.
I asked my son about it since he knows all about computers and gave me this one. He said the guy is right I got to buy that box. He said I need to first get a coupon from the government and I get the convertor for half price but the government will know what station I am watching. I dont care if they know what I watch, I just want the half price deal. Its stupid that the gov. wants to know when I watch the weather, but the gov. is stupid anyhow. Like dont they have better things to do than check what I watch on tv.
Anyhow, where do I mail a letter to the gov. to get this coupon? Anyone know?
Ralph Steiner
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote the following:

Write here to get help. NIMH 6001 Executive Boulevard Bethesda, MD 20892
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Just listen to the radio. TV is not worth the bother.
--
LSMFT

✖
On Jul 2, 4:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You are a person I admire and respect sir.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 2, 7:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here's some information about where to get the conversion box coupon:
http://www.olc.org/pdf/CouponProgramAppEnglish.pdf
Paul
Add pictures here
✖

Spit that hook out.
Add pictures here
✖

Glad I had already finished my coffee .. thanks for that one.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 2, 7:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Time to feed the trolls...
re: "Always somebody trying to make a fast buck."
Like you, for example?
You claim the government is stupid and that they have better things to do, but you'll take their coupon. Ya know, if it weren't for people trying to get the free handout, the staff supporting that program could have been doing some of those "better things".
Of course, the whole point is moot since the coupon program expired on July 31, 2009.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/index.html
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 06:23:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The government already knew what you were watching. They have monitors on towers that track tv signals and keep a record of where they are going.
Your tv is probably not broken, but if it ever does break, you can get the tubes you need at some hamefests or by mail-order. Check online. If you contact a local ham radio club, you should be able to find someone who will test your tubes for you. I'm not a real ham (though I have a license) but have a tester myself. Where are you located?

Add pictures here
✖

Aluminum foil hats don't work, they actually enhance the signal from government spy satellites. Beware.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

I find it interesting that you own a computer but not a TV. You can get lots of news and weather by signing on to your local TV stations web sites.
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/4/2010 10:46 AM, Dottie wrote:

We have several TV sets here at the crotchety old fart's lair. One of them is a big screen Sony of some 52" and a number of smaller sets of 32" and smaller. We have satellite and cable that brings in local stations too but I tend to watch more shows on my computer's 22" screen.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖