no hot water w/recirc pump off

We had a recirculating pump installed in our new house to provide instant hot water in the master bathroom and the kitchen. We keep it on a timer, shutting it off at night. The other night I ran the bath in the master bath and after 20 minutes, all I got was tepid water. Same in the kitchen. Another bathroom, not on the recirculation pump, had plenty of hot water. Should I be able to get hot water in the master bathroom and kitchen when the recirc pump is off?

Reply to
Margie Davis

You should, but it seems like the cold water is back-feeding through the pump when it's off. Is there a check valve to prevent cold-water backflow?

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Good question - I'll ask the plumber who says there is nothing wrong.

Reply to
Margie Davis

If you told your plumber what you told us, and he said, "There is nothing wrong.", then you better find a new plumber.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia