No hot water

Hello,
I have a 7 year old gas hot water heater and no hot water. I hear water constantly running in it and the catch basin is full and water is constatnly running out the overflow tube. Does anyone know whats wrong? I turned off the watter supply incase the catch basin overflows.
thanks for any help
On 04/04/2014 03:38 PM, Bob wrote:

It's clogged.
Does your water have a lot of minerals in it?
On Friday, April 4, 2014 4:41:34 PM UTC-4, philo  wrote:

g?

I say the problem is a troll.
philo wrote:

Sounds like the tank is leaking to me , since the "catch basin" is full . Burner may very well be underwater ...
--
Snag

Oren wrote:

I'll put that on my calendar. I had an appointment on February 30 that I missed because I forgot to write it on my calendar.