no glue on flange for temporary toilet?

I'd like to hook up a temporary toilet in a bathroom that I'm renovating. I'm not sure what's going on the finished floor yet, so I don't know the ultimate thickness. So, how risky would it be to NOT glue the toilet flange into my 3" elbow on this temporary toilet? If I definitely should glue it, what kind of leeway do I have if I were to guess the approximate elevation of the finished floor?

Reply to
GerryC

they make a flange that you put over your pipe and you tighten bolts on the top of it that cpmpresses a ring around the pipe. you can move this flange around. There are also flanges that have rubber on them that you just push into the pipe.

Reply to
PAUL100

Since the flange is going *inside* the EL, there is little chance of leakage. To be safe, you could smear a little caulk/putty around the exposed part of the joint.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim