no glue on flange for temporary toilet?

I'd like to hook up a temporary toilet in a bathroom that I'm renovating. I'm not sure what's going on the finished floor yet, so I don't know the ultimate thickness. So, how risky would it be to NOT glue the toilet flange into my 3" elbow on this temporary toilet? If I definitely should glue it, what kind of leeway do I have if I were to guess the approximate elevation of the finished floor?

they make a flange that you put over your pipe and you tighten bolts on the top of it that cpmpresses a ring around the pipe. you can move this flange around. There are also flanges that have rubber on them that you just push into the pipe.
GerryC wrote:

Since the flange is going *inside* the EL, there is little chance of leakage. To be safe, you could smear a little caulk/putty around the exposed part of the joint.
Jim