Newly painted exterior ruined around bottom of house by weed wacker

Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...
message

talk to your lawn guy. How many windows did he break?
message

Something seems fishy about either -- weed whacker damage above ankle level, say 6 inches -- house paintwork nearer the ground than 6 inches.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Jem 129 wrote:

Habla espanol? Seriously, I don't have an industrial strength weed whacker, just an electric one and it's a fairly decent paint remover. It will also eat its way through a plastic garbage can given half a chance, debark trees, and perform other little household chores.
Mine has a flip down guide that you run along the wall and it holds the head a little further out than the filaments.
On 12/21/2014 6:44 PM, Jem 129 wrote:

Have the lawn guy spray RoundUp around the perimeter a couple of times a year....makes about a 6" bare strip so the mower/whacker doesn't hit the house. Then, do something with landscaping to eliminate the need for mowing close....landscape cloth with river rock is a favorite.