New twist to the "Tile on Drywall" question.

Is there a "paintable" type barrier that can be painted on the drywall before you install the tile? What about paint. We have a high moisture area in the bathroom that doesn't have tile but the shower regularly splashes dropletts of water on the paint. What can be used as a good barrier before we repaint? Or is a good quality paint "good enough"? TIA Jerry
BRAVO52 wrote:

NOT necessary.
Water droplets on a vertical ceramic tiled wall are not going to penterate. You're worried for nothing. However if you insist any PVA sealer will work prior to tiling, or any other finish for that matter.