new tile floor vs door clearance

We had our bathrooms re-tiled a few years ago, and now we are noticing that that newer bath mats do not totally clear underneath the door when opening.
ie - the bath mat is in front of the vanity, and the door opening/closing is just a 1/4" shy of clearing the mats..... the thickness of the tile.
SO - ???
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

Shave the bath mats down or shave the bottom of the door, or shave the top of the door and move the hinges. This isn't rocket science.

So, get rid of the mat or trim the door. Easier than lifting the vanity or lowering the floor.
ps56k wrote:

Floor got taller. What did you expect? There is no standard for how high a bath mat is. If it bugs you that much, trim the door, or wash the bath mat a few times- it'll get thinner.
--
aem sends...

You left out all the important information.. How many washings? Should he use softener? Hot water or cold? Hang on a line or is it safe in the dryer? How does one keep their feet warm while the mat is in the laundry?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:08:32 -0500, "ps56k"

You need hydraulic jacks to lift the vanity.
mm wrote:

I think OP is talking about the entry door to the room, and not the doors on the vanity. I've never seen a vanity without a toe kick, or a 5" high bath mat. Must be an awful small bathroom, if the bath mat runs into the door swing area, unless it is really a hallway runner or something. Maybe they just need a smaller bath mat, one that actually lets the pretty new tile be seen.
OP, can you post pictures somewhere, and put link back here?
-- aem sends...

YOu're probably right. In that case he needs a smaller bath mat, that doesn't reach the door, or he needs hydraulic lifts to lift the door frame, and maybe the ceiling too if it is attached.

Get rid of the bath mat and wear terry cloth booties if your feet are sensitive. Anything else is too much work.
Joe