I used to reason that if the two engines did not perform exactly the same, the slower one would slow down the faster one, or that the faster one would make the slower one go faster. And if they DID actually run at a very close speed, that the power would be increased dramatically. I also cleared from my soft hard drive all the thousands of times I have seen machinery with multiple engines. Oh, dopey me. What WAS I thinking, and what DID I see?
Your mind must be VERY clear. I want to be like you some day.
Steve
Visit my blog at www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I've been meaning to post about my Husqvarna. It hasn't been used a lot but the last couple of years, when I try to use it I have to completely purge any old gas from it's system (gas tank, carborator) and mix up a new fresh batch of gas to get it to start. It won't even run on a gas mixture that was fresh the previous day.
David

I'va had a mccullough for about 30 years. Bought under the mongomery ward label. Been through a bunch of chains and a whole bunch of trees. Got no complaints but don't know how well their recent ones are. You're not going to avoid having to adjust the chain. Chains stretch. Spend the extra to get a little bigger one than you think you need. You won't regret a little extra power.
I personally will never buy anything from Stihl again. The starting of them is such a pain!
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

??? Care to expand on that? Put switch on choke, pull 3 or 4 times, take choke off, pull 1 or 2 - running. Exactly the same as every other brand I have ran over the past 30 years. Mac/Homey/Poulan/Stihl/ Husky
Harry K
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc

I haven't heard that brand name in many years. One brother made a living with those saws for years and retired.

Well, 30 years ago was jusst about the last years that Mac built real saws. They used to be the King of the Hill in the woods.
Harry K

Guess I'll keep mine :-) It's a bit heavy if you have to use it for a while but with a sharp chain it's eats through a 12" tree log in seconds.
Oren;3144566 Wrote: > On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc >
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
hibb wrote:

That sucks! Honestly, my 10 or so year old crapsman most always starts in 1 or 2 pulls, even with 6 month old gasoline. (A lot more when I forget to turn it on and pull the choke!) I must admit it's been a very reliable piece of crap!

Look at Echo, their new motors have the longest ratings of engine life, better than Sthil, and less maintenance by those I see using them and my dealer that also sells Sthil but recommends Echo, My Sthil has been repaired none of my Echos have needed repairs, this year I will buy a few more Echos.
On 4/20/2010 6:49 AM, ransley wrote:

It is all about the purpose (intended use). McCulluch's and Echo's are great, durable, thrash 'n' throw saws for short duration use and construction sites. The higher end *Logging* saws are the ticket if you intend to do a lot of all day cutting where pure balls and speed of cut are a blessing (both falling and bucking).
A 36 inch, high end saw is a bit much for occasional limb cutting and such, but you'll love it when you are plowing through an area and can fell a 12" dia. tree in 30 seconds, then limb the thing without much bending over, then come back and cut to length in 20 second cuts.