New Refrigerator Water Hook Up

Page 2 of 2
I would NOT use a thin plastic tubing,,,(PEX is OK)
Compare the "convienince factor" of having water and ice in the fridge, vs
the impact of a leak when you are not home.
Not a good tradeoff, I don't mind filling the ice tray by hand.
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 06:26:44 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You must not use much ice. All of that because you won't spend $10 for a good connection to the fridge?
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 12:29:12 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The risk of a damaging leak is small, the convenience of crushed ice at the door is great, IMO. If you followed the probability of a leak, an overflow, etc, we wouldn't have toilets, dishwashers or many bathtubs either. Why bring water via plumbing into the house at all? Plus, that's what homeowner's insurance is for, isn't it? I have 3 decades plus of experience with ice makers, using just plastic line and no disasters, not even a leak, so far.
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 12:03:12 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

I have the 1/4 copper. A nice coil of it that allows moving to clean etc. Also the pierce valve. 15 years, no problems.

Thank you all, for the many positive responses. Most helpful !!