new Kenmore dishwasher, no parts / manuals included?

We bought a Kenmore dishwasher at a local Sears outlet store, but it didn't include any parts for installation, nor any manuals for installation. We were sent a "Dishwasher Use & Care Guide"...
Is it a big deal that we didn't have any parts included? What would have been missing? Are they of any expense? Do I need an installation manual?

It's a new install (we don't presently have a dishwasher at all). I was reading that you can use an automotive cooling hose for a drain line...

We
have
manual?
hose.
hole
it
oh yeah, and it is a built-in model...

have

Sears ( at least at the Sears Hardware, I work at) sells a dishwasher installation kit and drain hoses. You'll probably need a new quarter stop valve for under the sink and either electrical hardwired in from the circuit box or a cord if you have an outlet under the sink. If you have a disposal, be sure to knock out the drain plug in it when you hook up the drain hose (easily forgotten). I would bet that the store you bought it at would be willing to at least make a copy of the installation instructions from another unit on the floor. I've done that many times at no cost to the customer. Beats ordering one from parts for $10.
Install stuff and hoses, etc are extra on any dishwasher. I had to call Sears parts and get my owners manual and service manual (which did have installation instructions).
Tell the salesman you need the installation manual and when you get it you will find what parts are missing and then ask for that. If he refuses bring it back.