New Help/Suggestion with my Shower Doors....

I am sorry if this message is a duplicate. I had a mishap while trying to send it the first time and don't know if it was sent.

My shower doors each roll on 2 wheels from which they hang. The wheels no longer roll, they are just worn out. They do slide and I can live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not.

Home Depot told me I couldn't buy just the rollers, I had to replace the entire door. Now this might be the case; it seems very stupid so perhaps it is true. However, it will be a cold day in hell before I spend several hundred dollars to replace something because a buck fifty piece is broken. I will either live with the problem, or nip the wheels off of something that looks like it might work and try a little American Know-How, or at least American Try.

If anyone knows if these wheels can be purchased alone, I'd be most grateful for the information, or anything you can tell me that would help.

Thanks Bonnie

Reply to
B__P

My initial reaction to the HD clerk's comment...ridiculous! go to a regular hardware store or check these out

which were the results of a google search of this string

shower door rollers ace hardware

Try playing around with

cheers Bob

Reply to
fftt

Using google is THE answer.

Reply to
LouB

Ace Hardware, they have a 20' display of various rollers, knobs, cranks and other kinds of window/door hardware. Take an old roller with you and match it up. I assume True Value is the same deal but we just have Ace here.

Reply to
gfretwell

If your shower door is Kohler or Sterling, call Kohler for new rollers. You should have them if a few days.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Reed

What exactly do you mean "just worn out?" Did rivets/screws fail? Are there nylon wheels that are very thin? Are all wheels coplaner? Is the track straight, level, with any damage? Can you just replace the wheel and not the bearing?

Please contact the manufacturer. A good company will take care of you, possibly send you the parts you need in exchange of telling them about the failure.

Reply to
Phisherman