New concrete, Sealer?

I have a new concrete floor. Part will be carpeted and part will have either linoleum or tile squares. Is there any special surface preparation or sealer that I should use prior to calling the carpet people?
Bob

Depending on how much moisture shows up on the underside will dictate what you need to do first.

Time does fly, concrete was actually poured last September, spent the time since then building the room, now getting ready to do drywall and then finish the floor. I've done the plastic thing and no visible moisture. The perimeter of the concrete is 8 inches wide and goes down 8 inches below grade. Center is filled with gravel and then topped with 4 inches of concrete reinforced with appropriate rebar. The top is from 10 inches to 24 inches above grade. Good slope, good drainage, 300 foot drop behind house at 45 degree angle. If this place ever floods, I'm calling Noah.
Bob
If it is grade level you dont want moisture comming up. It has to cure for months then tested to see moisture content and ground absorption of water. Sealing and painting when moisture is down will help. But wait till you know how bad it is. Probably next spring or whenever you get your big rains.
Buy a moisture meter, accurate and better than plastic. You need to Know moisture % , not guess.

Is this available at local hardware stores? What is approximate cost?
Bob
Ive heard HD or menards sells them I paid 220 years ago from Delmhorst, but electronics are cheaper now , im sure you can get a 20$ version somewhere. Great to have for pinpointing any leak or before painting concrete or bare wood or finding rot in wood. Google maybe even Ebay or local stores, I really havnt checked.
Amazon has one for 29.95

I'll see if I can borrow the $200 one. If not, I'll buy the cheap one.
Thanks, Bob