needing help

i've been doing some searching now for awhile for a good toolbelt w/ quick release buckle.. only problem is finding one that will fit. my waist is a 56 and the biggest one i have found is a 52.

if anyone can help i would be grateful.

i've thought about purchasing a 52 waist one and buying a replacement quick release belt and add it to the original,

is that a good idea or not

all help is welcome thanks in advance Charles

Reply to
SavedOne2000

buy 2 of them and clip them together you fat bastard.

Reply to
Bohemian Rhapsody

Perhaps a visit to a doctor for advice on reducing your weight is the first thing you should do.

A supervised diet and exercise would probable help you reduce your weight and waist size enough in a few weeks to allow a size 52 belt to fit.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

Most areas have at least one leather worker or shoe shop that could fix you up with a custom job. Perhaps if you supply the buckle, they can supply the strap portion. Alternatively, they could add an extension of some sort either on the end or spliced in. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

:)i've been doing some searching now for awhile for a good toolbelt w/ :)quick release buckle.. :)only problem is finding one that will fit. :)my waist is a 56 and the biggest one i have found is a 52. :)

Try custom belts at

Ev Dugan

Correct me if I'm wrong Charles, but you're probably wearing it below the waist like most guy of your size do. If 56" is what you want why not go to a shoe repair place, as hard as that may be to find, and have them add some inches. Without seeing the belt, I would suggest cutting in in the middle and sewing in 4" there.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

if i am wearing my regular jeans i wear them above my waist, say a couple of inches about my belly button....also i though about getting a leather tool belt and going to a junk yard and purchasing a seat belt and using that, as i have seen a couple people do that before. .would that be a good idea.

Reply to
SavedOne2000

i came to this group for advice...i didnt come here for abuse....

Reply to
SavedOne2000

Why not buy a 30 or 34 inch belt and put it around your neck?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

You can buy most of the pouch/hanger pieces and then commission a custom belt to hang them on from a leatherworker. Take a look at

- yeah, it's mostly about renaissance stuff, but we do a lot of custom leather work too. Take a look under "Accessories" -->

"Wide Belt".

- Wm

Reply to
William Morris

Advising you to see your doctor about what is an obvious weight and health problem seems like the best advice you could get. One with so much fat and such thin skin should not ask for any advice concerning their size on newsgroups.

Grow up, and slim down.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

I'm not sure if they will have your size, but this company has some GREAT belts and other neat stuff for trades people:

John Grabowski

wel for one i didnt ask about concerning my size.. i asked about a tool belt....apparently you dont know the difference. and for two, attacking someone cause of a weight problem is just not called for.

Reply to
SavedOne2000

YOUR question was about a tool belt needed because of your SIZE.

Seems you have a fat head too.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

when i said size.. i didnt mean my weight did i jerk....and i didnt deserve the attacks that you and bohemian gave to me

Reply to
SavedOne2000

the advice was well recieved...and i appreciate the quick responses.

thanks again

God bless

Charles

Reply to
SavedOne2000

Poor little guy, no one understand him, and every one hates him.

Wonder why?

Get lost, if you can possibly find a large enough place to hide, that is.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

look here hound dog...i didnt come into this group for abuse..i just needed some general help for a tool belt...so i dont know what your problem with me is...you are the type of person that gets off on abusing others...maybe cause you were verbally abused as a child....am i right?...i thought so...

Reply to
SavedOne2000

I had much the same problem with a set of knee pads. Walmart has black elastic in the right size, in the sewing department.

I cut the straps, and then tape measured how much I had to add, and took it to a friend who had a sewing machine. Much better, now.

Another time, I had a tool set which was made of leather. The seams were wearing out (stitched) and took it to a shoe repair shop. Couple days later and about five bucks, and I had my tool set back.

Keep on searching, you've had some good ideas here, along with some real nasty folks who don't have much better to do.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon