Need user manual on 1997 Honeywell thermostat

Is yours a Chronotherm II?

kool

Reply to
mrkool

This is Turtle.

First it would be nice to tell us what model number of the thermostat you have so we can try to answer your question.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I need to figure out how to change a setting on my 1997 Honeywell thermostat. Currently it is set to always keep the temp at the current setting. There should be a setting that allows the temp to go 1, 2 or 3 degrees above the current setting before turning the unit back on. Presently my AC is running almost constantly because it needs to ALWAYS keep the temp at 77.

Thanks

Reply to
wekiva

Good point.

Actually my main question should have been can anyone help me figure out how to change the settings...and if that didn't happen then look for the manual.

The main problem (and reason I didn't include it) is because I have no idea what the model number is. It's an old looking programmable Honeywall thermostat that is rather large and rectangular. There is a small LCD screen in the upper middle of the front face and the lower 2/3 of the front face is a fold down cover that covers the buttons. On the inside of the flip down panel are basic instruction printed on a piece of paper that have a revision number in the lower bottom corner 97-3663 Rev. B. I took the thermostat off and on the back of the unit is a number printed on the back

200905B and 9347. On the wall plate are the numbers 199459E and 9347. But these seem to be printed during manufacturer and don't look like model numbers.

That's all I got. Here is a photo of one that looks similar to ours...but ours is tan

wekiva

This is Turtle.

Look up Honeywell.com and go to their search engine and look up the numbers you have. You can start with a T-86 . Honeywell has a websiter that will give you every installation intructions for every thermostat they have ever made. the

97-3663 rev. B look like a good number.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Thanks for the help. It does appear I have a Chronotherm II or III. I'm heading of to work so haven't been able to study the attachment in depth...but at first glance I didn't see a way to change the temperature control to be more than 1degree. In the intro of the manual it says

"Temperature control program maintains temperature within 1degree F of setpoint"

....well I don't need it to maintain 1 degree....2 or 3 is OK with me. So I'll study it more this afternoon. Does anyone know offhand if the Chron II or III can change that setting?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
wekiva

Why would you want to change the setting? If the thermostat will hold plus or minus 1 degree who cares? raise the set point. Screwing around with the anticipator circuit in the stat will only give you head aches.

Reply to
SQLit

I had a thermostat installed a few years ago in another home that gave us the option of 1, 2 or 3 degrees. The reason I like it is I find it too hot to set the therm at 80 degrees...but setting it at 77 as the minimum and letting it go up to 80 before going back down to 77 is a lot more tolerable. I would think a range of 77 to 80 would save electricity and yet be cooler than simply setting it at 80.

Reply to
Wekiva

Not really....

Reply to