Need to add slope to a concrete sink - Help

We just pour in place a countertop with an integral sink, our first experience. We did forget one important thing, water need a slope to drain completely from the sink - shame on us, our sink mold was perfectly flat and level. The dimension of the sink is 13 * 8.5. We would prefer not to have to grind the slope in because that would force us to redo our perfect drain hole seat. Any suggestions ?

Sure would have liked to see ya POUR a counter top.
Ya sure your not trolling
Maybe you can upload some pictures so we can more accurately advise you.

Robert wrote:

Without grinding a slope, the most that you could do would be to put a slope on the entire countertop, and hope that it does not crack. I am experienced (35 years) in construction, and I would not want to attempt that.
Having worked with quite a few concrete countertops, I would suggest building up the high side with several layers of clear coat compatible with whatever type of sealer that you have used. It would not be perfect, but it would drain most of the water out.
IMHO, you are stuck with what you have got. You would be better off just wiping out the excess water with a sponge.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert wrote:

That is a question best answered by your supplier. I don't know what kind of stains or colors that you have used and you must get something that is compatible with those. I generally use water based acrylic sealers as they dry harder and are generally easier to maintain.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Thanks Robert, I will let you know the results of our "experiment"
maybe put in additional sink drain as if it is a double sink. maybe find a sink that fits inside and install it on top.
Thanks for the reply. It is a single sink. Your second suggestion would work as a last resort I suppose; we will go ahead wiht Robert Allison suggestion of building slope with clear coat... and wipe out the rest ...