Need Help

I was at a Building Materials place here to buy a toilet and the salesman said all toilets have a 2 and 1/4 inch trap. When Sears had a catalog they listed toilets with 2 and 1/5 and also toilets 2 and 3/4 inch traps.

Does anybody here know of a plumbing place online that sells toilets and lists the trap size of their toilets? If so please post the URL or link or E-mail me. Thank You Charles

Reply to
Charles

Nope. Maybe the toilets he carried did but the oversize trap is becoming more common as it helps mitigate the 1.6 gpf problem, along with resizing and spacing of the water outlets under the rim.

Also, make sure the trap is fully glazed. Some cheaper models aren't.

Easier way to go about it is to choose your make/model (Kohler, American Standard, Toto, etc) and hit the manufacturer's website for specs. As a bonus, most of the majors also include a downloadable rough-in diagram so you can tell if the unit fits your space.

Best,

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD

Many years ago I had a summer job working for a plumber who sometimes did installs for Sears. All too often there was a problem since they seemed to have a lot of items toilets, kitchen and bath faucets, etc. that had non-standard dimensions or center to center spacing.

I never buy from Sears.

Boden

Charles wrote:

Reply to