Need extra-large double gang socket plate. Thanks!

Greetings all!
I was roped onto the usenet in the early 1990's, and have always been impressed by the "ask any recondite question and get a plethora of meaningful responses" policy that seems to prevail in this venue. And at present, I am feeling particularly recondite:
As a result of some drywall mayhem, I need a double-gang socket plate (four sockets) that is larger than the usual size. Doesn't have to be gargantuan...maybe an inch larger in all directions than the standard variety. Brown would be great, tiki/tropical/surf theme even better, but extra-large is the main criterion. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Chuck
Overcut your drywall really bad, huh?

If that was the case, spackle would be your friend.

later,
tom @ www.URLBee.com
Consider a wooden made to fit the requirement. Neighbor had a need for a combo plate and had both sides but they didn't match so I made a new plate from red oak. Used what they had for dimensions of the holes. Post to rec.woodworking with your need and include your location or check yellow pages for custom woodworking shop.
On 28 Dec 2004 00:27:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On 28 Dec 2004 00:27:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If you still have the original socket plate, I would suggest doing the drywall repair.
That way you're done for good and any desire to change plates later can be executed without any extra work.
cheers Bob
On 12/28/2004 3:27 AM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Face plates come in various widths and heights. I have found that the stamped metal plates are somewhat larger than the plastic ones, but not by an inch all around. There's always joint compound to fix those overcuts.
--
Bill

They sell oversized plates at most home improvement stores
Go to an electrical supply house and ask for a king size two gang duplex wall plate. If they don't have it in stock, they can get it. Your choice of colors may be limited, but you can always spray paint it. I recommend that you get a metal one for strength.

http://www.switchhits.com / http://www.homeplatesonline.com / http://www.myknobs.com/decswitplata.html http://www.switchplate-covers.net/oversized_switch_plates.html
John
Others all have good suggestions. Best is to tape and mud up to the box. My option in about the same condition was to remove the box, re-size opening for a 3-gang box and then put a dummy switch in the 3rd slot. Harry K