Natural Gas Pipe Sizing

Hello,
Sizing natural gas pipes using black iron, a few questions:
1) Do I understand correctly that the usual residential system has a pressure of 7" water column at the regulator, and the pipe system should be designed so that when all appliances are running at maximum demand, the pressure drop at any outlet should be less than 0.5" water column?
2) If I understand correctly, the pressure drop can be accurately determined using the standard charts giving pressure drop/foot for a given pipe size and diameter. How are fittings handled? One source I read suggested treating any 90 or 45 degree fitting as 1.3 feet equivalent. Any drop on the through path of a tee?
Thanks, Wayne

Last gas system I installed I looked at the UPC, Uniform Plumbing code. There were charts and examples that I got everything under control before I bought the pipe. Or so I thought. I pulled a permit, listing what I was connecting and when it was inspected. The inspector said that I did not need to run 1 inch to the first appliance. I had a friend who is a pipe fitter go through my calculations and he agreed with me. Location and size of load with the respective distances will help greatly when you do your lay out and calculations. I never thought about nor worried about the fittings in my system. Drawing the system out on paper was a lot of help for me in doing the calculations.

This is Turtle
Here is some charting on this and can help some.
http://www.aprsupply.com/support/aprtech14.htm
TURTLE