My Spouse Let A Mouse In The House

Page 1 of 3
And this particular meece is smart; he won't touch the d-con pellets. Also, he was able to eat the peanut butter on the mouse trap, without tripping the trap. Two consecutive nights. Is this a Super Meece? What to do, what to do??
Get the tray with the sticky glue and put some peanut butter on it. The mouse will stick to it and than you will need to "dispose" of the mouse as there is no way to remove him without injuring to release.
Amy

The brand-name (De-con?) glue traps I bought said that if you put vegetable oil on the sticky stuff, it would let go. I'm pretty sure it was in the instructions.
Jack, if you do this, remember to do it outside.
And rather far away from your house.

One of my uncles was painting the fence over a year ago and came in to wash his hands and didn't close the door tight..
I saw the mouse sneak under the dishwasher.. I turned on the dishwasher and the heat and magnetism killed the little bugger..
I had a hard time beleiving how small this one was (finger sized) until I saw one in the part more recently the same size.
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
If you have a magnetic field in your house strong enough to kill a mouse, GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT AWAY.
snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

New superconducting variation on the magnetic water softener ploy. Howeve, this technology also has the additional benefit of allowing you to do self- MRI scans, if your willing to sit in the drum.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn /

They're vermin for pity's sake, do not release them.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:05:58 -0800, "Billzz"

*+-In those studies, when the study is over, don't they sell the rats to *+-resuce organizations, like with old greyhounds and chimpanzees, when *+-they're done racing and being studied?
The technical term is "sacrifice the animal"
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
Jack wrote:

Third night's a charm. Maybe a smaller (easier to trip) trap?

You are putting too much PB on the trap. Just a bit and smear it into the openings on the trigger.
Peanut butter makes the mouse feet slippery and unable to stick to the trap
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Google for 'mouse bucket trap'. Kitchen chair, with old towel tied to back. 5g plastic (slick-sided) bucket on floor next to chair. Ruler with peanut butter smeared on end, balanced to make bridge from chair to bucket. Mouse walks out to get peanut butter, ruler and mouse fall in bucket. If you don't mind being grossed out, six inches of water in bucket, otherwise take bucket at least a mile from house to release. Always worked for my family, in several different states.
aem sends...
ameijers wrote:

You left out the "climbing assist" to make it easier for the rodent to climb up.
Click on the fourth thumnail in the second row, on my homepage:
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff /
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
What if the rat spreads the poison around?
Poison is ok for outdoors (and you should put it outdoors since you got'em).
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
About a decade ago, there was a big animal rights brouhaha in Holland because they did a show on how the ancient Romans cooked. So they took a doormouse by the tail, dunked it in a goblet of wine so it wouldn't feel a thing and then roasted it by the tail over an open flame. This is was before the advent of Bubonic Plague. Perhaps it was even the cause.
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

back.
peanut
Mouse
don't
bucket
No I didn't- see the line about the old towel tied to the chair. I think a lot of people have invented this independently- I learned it from my brother, the physics major who ended up working as an industrial engineer.
aem sends...
ameijers wrote:

That "thwock" sound you just heard all the way over where you are was me giving myself a "dope slap".
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)