My Old Fuse Box - Is it worth anything?

Is it true that an old fuse box has a good value for parts? Any idea how much?
Thanks, Matt
matt snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Doubtfull, not many people would install a box with fuses in it, might not even be allowed by code in many places.
Unscrew the fuses and give them to a friend or neighbor who still has a fuse box in their place. Then toss out the box.
And if you should have written "Breaker Panel", ask again.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Fuse panel, No.
Breaker panel, Yes, E-bay.
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:43:28 -0700, matt_milligan2 wrote:

Be creative and make it into a bird house.
matt snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Here's one for $35 on Ebay. Somebody buys this stuff.

I just stripped an old fusebox and found very little copper. maybe a pound at best

Or at least someone tries to sell it.
Bob
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:43:28 -0700, matt snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Send me $20 and the fuse box. You pay the shipping. I'll take it off your hands.

Many scrap metals are bringing an historically high price right now.

About $.01 a pound for scrap steel?
--
.
Christopher A. Young