My dewalt 18v drill's chuck is stuck!

I opened the chuck all the way and now it won't close. I tried to force it with channel locks and now it won't turn in any direction.
Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone had this problem? thanks
On 6 Mar 2007 16:34:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe the screw is loose that holds it to the drill shaft, and is jamming it up. I've seen that happen. Otherwise I dont know what to say except replace it. Maybe a soaking wiht WD40 ???
I am assuming its a keyless chuck, and those things re really made cheaply.
Maybe try gently tapping on the jaws. One of them might be stuck.

<brevity snip>

If it jams, force it. If it breaks... -----
- gpsman
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:11:00 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
And if that doesn't work, not so gently. Give it a medium whack, the jaws or the bigger part that holds them.

On 6 Mar 2007 16:34:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Get mean with it.
Put it in low and use vicegrips and hit the trigger.
Repeat until it works free or burns out the motor.