My amazing little Snow Joe blower

Page 3 of 3

Two years ago I had to replace an old (very) 5hp 2-stage because some nerd brain had used a roll-pin in place of a shear pin. It rusted and broke flush with the shaft. No way to get at it to try to drive or drill it out exept to dismantle the enitre machine.
For those who are unfamiliar with "roll pins" they are a drive fit into a hole. Have to driven out (or drilled).
I needed a bigger blower anyhow so it went down the road to my nephews. Now have an 11 hp 2-stage and wishing for a bigger one - that state plow berm is one royal PIA.
Harry K

I hate cords.
Until either DeWalt or B&D comes out with an 18V Snow Blower so I can use the batteries from my tools or trimmer, I'll stick with my 2 options:
Shovels or my Ariens Sno Tek 24"
I wonder how long an 18V Snow Blower would last. ;-)
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/My-amazing-little-Snow-Joe-blower-611950-.htm DA wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Well, looks like approximately 2 min, if it could (hypothetically) discharge at 82.5A needed to match the OP's snow blower's power without blowing up itself ;) That's if we start with a 2.8AH (what they call "high capacity") 18V power tools battery.
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:48:19 +0000, info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote:

I was wondering that too. It would be easier without the cord for sure, but the cord really isn't a problem. I got used to that because I have a little electric mower for my little yard. They do have battery powered mowers now, but they don't need anything like the power required to throw snow.

Which would you use and auger bit or a spade bit?