Murray Riding Mower problem

Hi!
The problem with my mower does not seem to be related to engine.
The engine starts strong and does not seem to exhibit any issues.
However, as soon as I let go of my brake pedal, the engine quits as though some kind of plug has been pulled. :(
as long as I have my feet pressing on the brake pedal, the engine runs fine.
I was thinking it is ignition switch issue (since the ignition system is designed that the engine will not start unless the brake is pushed), however, if that is the case, I would think the starter motor would be continuously running (if switch is stuck at the start position) but it does not seem so.
It just happened suddenly, without any notice. I was mowing and poof, engine quit. Since then above issue was happening.
I am miffed.
Thank you in advance for your help.
certinally sounds like a bad switch perhaps the seat one.
you might try bypassing for diagnosis, be sure to fix it right, those switches can save your life
certinally sounds like a bad switch perhaps the seat one.
you might try bypassing for diagnosis, be sure to fix it right, those switches can save your life
hpark2 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I agree with hpark. It sounds like the seat switch. It allows the engine to run as long as the brake is on but will shut it down if you try to move it without someone in the seat.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit