Murray Lawn tractor wont go into gear

It started when I went to cut the grass. I put it into gear and started to roll, and low and behold one of the tires was flat .
I put the rear of the tractor on a railroad tye to hold it up while I removed the tire. I then brought the tire to have a tube put in it.The next day I picked up the tire and brought it home and put it back on the tractor and removed the railroad tye. I then started it up and put it into gear forwards nothing rear nothing... What gives ?
Thanks
Ed
If the wheel is like the one on my old Craftsman tractor, it is coupled to the axle by a locking "pin". This is a 2" long piece of steel, 3/16" on the other two dimensions. It fits into a groove on the axle and in the wheel. Look around on the floor and hopefully you'll find it. I went through exactly the same scenario in the Spring!