Mr. Heater

I would like to get some kind of auxillary heater that is portable, and doesn't require a vent. In the Northern Tool catalog, there is something called a "Big Buddy" that will run on a 20 lb tank. I am three telephone poles from the road, through the trees in my new place, and I think some kind of backup might be a good idea. I would probably use it also as an additional heat source in my shop, which is part of a three car garage. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Mr. Heater" products, or possibly, a better idea.
Thanks,
Frank
These things work great. They are unvented though, so might not be legal in your neck of the woods. I got one because it's quiet, it doesn't stink, and it doesn't blow dust around. I used it in my wood shop until I moved, and put in a vented wall unit with a little more horsepower.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberE604

--------------050009020802010005040007 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thanks Mark, Your comments are appreciated! Frank
mark wrote:

Thanks,
Frank
--------------050009020802010005040007--

Oh yeah, and they're good for backup because they don't need power.
I own one, though I have not had to use it (thank God). My former boss has a two burner one which he uses on the jobsite now and again. Really great gadget. They do give off combustion products, so use them briefly not every day. They oughta have a vent, but are made for job sites, and places which are drafty.
Propane never "yellows" like kero. And stores forever, unless the tank leaks.
I've also used kerosene heaters, w hich I really like.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus