Motor Frame # for Delta 28-195 Bandsaw?

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in the morning.
W. Watson wrote:

Google, type in: Delta 28-195 Bandsaw parts
http://tinyurl.com/am7qj
RicodJour wrote:

W. Watson wrote:

The link above shows a part that is listed as the frame: 1348897 FRAME     $104.00
How many frames are there? There's only one listed on the parts diagram.

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2" shaft, it is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.
You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

is difficult to measure, but it appears to be much closer to 3/4", so it's likely 5/8th if those are the two choices.
I have a local dealer.
One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK. The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5 years and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

You may want to try a repair shop. Some motors are not worth fixing but others can be done cheaply compared to a new motor.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

not in terms of motors. The guy at our (only) local repair shop is so busy he didn't have the time to give me the time of day. I think I'll go for the new one, and see what I can do about repairing the old one myself. At least I'll have a lot of wire. :-)
W. Watson wrote:

Centrifugal switch inside the housing maybe shot. That switch controls start/run mode of the motor. You have to take the motor apart to check it. Tony
Tony Hwang wrote:

Also fond that there is no frame #. This motor was specially built for them, $78.
W. Watson wrote:

BTW, what does the switch look like and where in the motor would I find it? The end where the axle protrudes or the opposite end?
W. Watson wrote:

For such a little amount of use it probably doesn't make much sense to buy a replacement motor. Particularly when you can get a reconditioned 9" Delta bandsaw for $80 delivered through Amazon. You'll pay more than that for the motor thorugh Grainger or Delta and you'll have to deal with tax and/or shipping.
http://tinyurl.com/d3stb

The 9" model is a toy. The 10" is a miniature version of a real saw. Huge difference and worth fixing the motor.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Mebbe so. 4 hours use in 4-5 years...? Any way you look at it, either one, it is a toy.