More guesses, please

I apologize for not being specific in my previous post. Therefore, I shall try again for the anal and the intellectually challenged.
What would your guess be for the cost of a turnkey job consisting of the following:
A 30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, including slab. Two rollup doors, three regular doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated. Located on level land, dirtwork provided by buyer.
Have any of you ever had such a project done?
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, except different.
First of all, I don't know what "turnkey job" means. If it means a contractor pouring your slab and "erector setting" your previously purchased building I'd "guess" the neighborhood of $12K, depending on several factors, one being extent of site/pour prep; two being ease of equipment and delivery accesses.
My homes are both on fairly flat land, but one is only accessible from 2 sides, and that's more like 1.5.
I need work on the other and that work is only accessible from one side, and I don't own most of that property.
That doesn't factor where in the country you live and/or the competition between contractors willing, able and competent, and available to do your job. -----
- gpsman
Add pictures here
βœ–

Turnkey means that you hire the guy, and when his portion of he job is done, he hands you the key.
Add pictures here
βœ–

–noun 1.    a person who has charge of the keys of a prison; jailer. –adjective 2.    Also, turn-key. of, pertaining to, or resulting from an arrangement under which a private contractor designs and constructs a project, building, etc., for sale when completely ready for occupancy or operation: turn-key housing, turnkey contract. 3.    fully equipped; ready to go into operation: a turnkey business. [Origin: 1645–55; turn + key1]
Random House
Add pictures here
βœ–
Steve B wrote:

Yes, I have had them built before......just figure $27 to $32 per sq. ft. and you should be close if you are in a "low dollar" rural area.
Don
Add pictures here
βœ–
That's WAY high. That would have made my 30x40 $32,400 minimum. It was half that.
http://www.eshqualitystructures.com/specials.html
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
βœ–

What portions of it did you do?
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–
Nothing. I watched. They were in and out in 43 hours and then the concrete man poured the slab in a week later.
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
βœ–
Steve B wrote:

The "anal" among us now think you are not very bright.
Add pictures here
βœ–

... and humor-challenged as well.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Lou, you are brutal! You have no idea how much that hurt. I'm off to find my nitro pills ............. ack .......... snig ............... snicker .......... tee hee ............... giggle ..................... guffaw .............ROTFLMAO ..................
Add pictures here
βœ–

Think you could get sufficient detail and be civil in the same post?
Naw..
Banty
Add pictures here
βœ–

Okay, now you are somewhat specific. You left out area, you left out site layout, and a few other things.
My question to you is: Why are you asking such a question _here_ when you could pick up the phone book and get a specific answer taylored to your site with one call?
See, I kept it civil but it was difficult.
Harry K
Add pictures here
βœ–

Because I enjoy talking to people on the Internet about such things. I already got a cool site for building estimate calculations in my Favorite Places which I now have for future reference and which I can pass on if anyone else asks my question. (without handing them the canned answer "google it, moron")
I am having it bid by three companies now. But it takes time. In the meantime, I'd like to hear from people so if the guy says $32k, I know someone here has said they had one put in for half that.
My process is to identify what I want. Then all I do is shop price for the same quality goods.
Being informed and educated when going out and spending $15 to $30k is a good thing. And yet I hear all the time people wailing that they spent too much and their neighbor bought one for a lot less. Whatever "it" is.
Also, I'm shopping it in different markets to see if there is enough of a price difference for me to drive there and pick it up, or for me to erect it myself, or for me to sub out some of it, or what.
This ain't a hammer I'm buying. There's nothing wrong with asking opinions and getting people's input.
IMHO, that is.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–
I'd say somewhere around 20-22,000 in the midwest. Check out http://www.eshqualitystructures.com/specials.html if you're in kansas or oklahoma. I don't think these guys go much farther than that.
Just a heads up, You do NOT want skylights. You'd be better off with a sun belt around the top of the side(s)
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
βœ–
slab thickness is not a matter of code.
If you plan to work on combines and bulldozers, you will need a lot more floor than parking bicycles.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .