mold &organic shingles

Some roof questions. my roof shingles look great but some neighbor's shingles are all streaking. Looking at previous posts, it must be mold. Roof shingles are either fiberglas based or organic felts? Is it just the organic based shingles that the mold attacks? mold eats the organics? are the architectural type shingles fibergas based? Final question...do you install a new gutter after the roof is on? if so, the drip edge flashing is under the side of the gutter. do you get water between the gutter and fascia? THANKS bill
Most common shingles are fiberglass and have alge resistance AR and only lasts 8 to 10 years and is usually only a problem on the north side of the house unless you are under a canopy of trees. Do the roof first, hand nailing If you have had leaks you may encounter rotten wood at tear off. Install the gutters after the roof and even after the exterior painting (consider a debris proof gutter) they work. I like Leafproof gutter guards or Leafguard. The dripedge goes on under the starter shingle and drips in the gutter a good measurement is a 2.4 inch with a 1/2 inch kick. put a bead of sealant between overlaps if you like

bill wrote:

Just address the moss issues directly. Neither type of shingle is totally moss proof. Local conditions seem to make a difference in what is the best solution so maybe you should ask around. I would consider zinc strips if I were you as they seem to be the most effective overall.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit