Minimum distance between ceiling register vent and bath fan?

I am re-modeling my bathroom (4X6) and want to put in a bath fan. I wanted to put it in the center, but there is a supply register in the same joist bay, which means they will be right next to each other. Is there any kind of minimum distance they should be apart? I could move it 2 bays over if I had to.

Reply to
Mikepier

As far away as possible. You don't want to blow conditioned air into the room to have it sucked out immediately. Direct the supply away from the inlet of the fan.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just a thought, Broan makes fans with heaters. Would not the same thing happen with their unit? I was considering one with heat. My register is for both heat and cool. So thats why I am unsure as to what is usually done.

Reply to
Mikepier