Microwave - fuse blows

Hello friends,
is here someone around who is experienced in microwaves?
I've got a panasonic "dimension 4" with a blown 10-A-fuse. Replacing it allowes the display to work, starting a cooking process blows the fuse again.
I found that the protection diode at the high-voltage-capacitor reads a resistance of apx. 100 Ohms both directions (should be infinite due to repair manual).
Is there a chance to make the microwave work again by replacing the diode - or is the diode damaged for any other component (magnetron or so) is gone?
Greetings - and all the best wishes for the next year
Wolf
New microwave ovens are cheap. Do not waste money repairing an old one.
scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

The diode is even cheaper - less than a buck.
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:13:35 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@web.de (Wolf Drechsel) wrote:

There are many, many things that can cause the fuse to blow. For one, microwaves have redundant safeties to ensure that the magnetron can't operate if the door isn't properly and securely latched. These safeties often use a small relay to crowbar the power supply, blowing the fuse. This can be caused by something as simple as a door latch out of adjustment.
Unless it's a quite new high-end model, I doubt it will be worth the diagnostic charge to have it looked at. Sad, but true.
Paul
(Wolf Drechsel)

It's not a protection diode,its a RECTIFIER diode,that changes the AC to DC for the magnetron tube.
In my Sharp MW,the HV cap shorted(made a bigh POP),and I replaced the HV cap and the rectifier diode for about $25USD.I got the parts from a local appliance repair store.The HV cap was big expense,$18,the diode was $5.(in Y2000)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Wolf Drechsel wrote:

The cost of figuring out what of the 59 different possibilities may be bad is not worth the time and expense. It is almost always cheaper to buy a new one.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Ye gads! If you have to ask, you are NOT qualified to work on uWave ovens!! Throw it out while you still have bone marrow!
Pop