Microwave digital display unreadable

I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could find out if it helps. Thanks.

Probably an electronic problem. You might get lucky and find a connector that just needs to be re-seated.
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com says... |I was visiting my mother at Xmas time and noticed that the numbers on |the digital display of her microwave are unreadable. And it is a |relatively new unit. Is it easily fixable or does it have to be taken |to a repair shop? I don't remember the brand offhand although I could |find out if it helps. Thanks.
It depends on your abilities. Is the display out of alignment, tilted ? Is the display receiving the proper voltages and signals ? Is the display plain old defective ?
If the microwave is new I suggest having it repaired under warranty
tenplay wrote:

If its under warrenty , then return it for repair .
On my unit the numbers are unreadable unless there is a light shining into the display , makes it impossible to use without the kitchen light on.
If the display isnt working at all , its probably an electronics problem.

Have you seen this? http://www.microwavedisplay.com
you could ask her to unplug it overnight and see if things are back to normal the next day. otherwise buy mom a new microwave. take her old one for your secondary thanksgiving microwave. or camping; it's great to have microwave popcorn on a rainy day.
tenplay wrote:

Only the new units have this capability. In accordance with the GATT (General Agreements on Trade and Tarriffs) and the UAMM (Uniform Agreement on Metric Measurements)new devices in the US will have the option of metric time. This is for greater cooperation with Europe and developing Asian nations.
You apparently have one of the first models.

Have you seen this? http://www.microwavedisplay.com