microwave circuit problem

Page 2 of 2

Said he tried a hair dryer. Those have a low failure rate. I'm thinking either bad connection on the socket, or loose neutral inside the panel.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Jess wrote:

Most of them have a buss fuse inside the cabinet. More than likely the thing is drawing more current in old age. Take it apart and put in a larger fuse as I did before. Then it worked fine.

Found the problem. The neutral wire must have had a bad connection at the circuit breaker panel because the last 3 or so inches of the wire was fried. An electrician repaired it and everything is fine now. Thanks for everyone's help.
Jess