masonry contractor weird conversation

Page 2 of 2

I have a close family member who couldnt read or write, but was a precision machnist for goodyear aerospace. finally retired after working there a lifetime..
retired now among other things, some of his machined parts went to the moon........
obviously he could measure.

I've know a couple that could not tell you when the ruler read 3/16", but they can count 3 little lines and make an accurate cut. A generation ago, it was common to leave school at an early age to help support the family.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Ralph Waldo Emerson said something to the effect "Experience is a fools best teacher." Whenever someone tells me that they have more experience that me, I reply "Oh, you've burned up more equipment than I have." I know a lot of old time techs that can't diagram a sentence or do math in their head but they're not stupid. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity, ignorance means you don't know but can learn, stupid means no way. Stupid also means acting out of ignorance when you know you are ignorant about something. "Hey Bubba, wuts this Front Toward Enemy mean? Reckon wut wood happen ifin I squeezed this here handle?"
PS, I know a lot of guys like Bubba's friend.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Mr John Doe wrote:

once in any conversation about their product. After that you can expect to find a rhythmic decline in the actual quality of their product for every time the word is used thereafter. TonyG