make loose desert sand firm again?

They did the dig out for our manufactured home the other day, and what used to be hard packed desert sand with a fairly firm crust, is now loose like beach sand. Can't drive on it (we got stuck) and can hardly walk on it.
After they set the house and finish it, how do we get the sand packed again, short of waiting a couple of decades for it to settle?
Someone mentioned sprinkling something on it and watering it, something like cement, but that seems extreme. I'm guessing it wouldn't make it like a concrete patio, right? I just want to firm up the sand so it doesn't blow up a dust devil every time we breathe on it.
Are there specific products? How do they work?
Thanks,
Maxi
Email addy upon request.
You could lay down gravel for your driveway, that should help when you drive it. Similarly, a rock garden might be appropriate for your yard. I take it that water is too precious where you are to plant grass cover. You can make a cheap patio, go to builder stores for their broken and chipped bricks and blocks, and lay them down like a jigsaw puzzle, makes a good family project. If you need cheap water to compact the sand, save your laundry and bath water in buckets and pour over the ground. The soap residue will actually help here by wetting out the sand more efficiently. I hope this helps.-Jitney
I've had good results in used brickwork by spreading dry mortar between the bricks up to desired level then spraying with a fine mist and letting time/nature take their turn. Brush off excess mortar to avoid buildup of product on top.