Magic Jack phone service

The ad makes it look like a very good deal.

I still don't want to send them my money until I hear from someone that uses it.

Anyone out there have one yet?

Reply to
Terry

I said the same thing.... A friend of mine ordered one....Received it last week and said it is the greatest thing. He actually got it so his daughter could have her own line but now he is going to do away with his home service and get it for the house line/ I too have decided to get it as well. The one thing that I need to know first is if I get one for relatives in another country can two magic jacks talk back and forth for free? If that is the case then I'm buying two of them! But so far for domestic calls (coming from a friend) it does work and is very clear!

SD

Reply to
Shopdog

I've decided NOT to buy one. For one thing, there's too little information on that website.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I've had it for about 2 months now and it works pretty nice. Problem is they are not servicing our area code yet so I had to go with a chicago one ( We live in wisconsin) I't works get as a second line but I would never want to rely on it as my first and primary line. I use it to call out during the day as it saves me money on my cell phone bill. This service will either get better or go belly up in a year. Time will tell. I could throw my majicjack out today and I would have still came out ahead in the short time i've been using it. Go for it! you don't have much to lose.

Reply to
Darby

On the website: "You can call other magicJack users anywhere in the world for free."

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I've been curious about the thing since your first post. I have no desire for one myself as the voip system I have with my ISP works really well and costs $15 per month. The peculiar thing is, I can't get any clearly objective information about the device . Practically every review I read, sounds like an advertisement for it. Even really great products that I've read extensive reviews on, have detractors, and folks that have had bad experiences with them , unlike this thing. So, Terry, bite the bullit, buy the damn thing and give us all a truely unbiased, objective review

Reply to
RBM