Machine makes 100.000 sandbags per day

They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods. They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000 sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from Canada. Why dont they have these in the US? And why would Canada even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada, and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.
I think I'd like one of these sandbagging machines too. I could build a whole sandbag house in one day. Or better yet, add some Portland Cement to the sand and make a permanent house.
Jim
Jimw wrote:

Because Canada can make them cheaper?

So they can sell them to the U.S.?

As a Canadian who can see US TV news, I have noted that little news comes from outside of the US, except possibly the war or when a US politician travels. Very little information is given about Canada which is next door.
We do have floods and it doesn't turn to ice any more than it does in the northern states. The sandbag machines may have come from Canada, but I have seen other sandbag machines being used in other areas of the US so it is possible that they were even made in the US or at least are used in the US.
I know it is amazing to comprehend, but Canada is not all a great wasteland. We are actually quite civilized and do make things too.

Are you certain about this claim? ;->

Canadian street gangs carry hockey sticks instead of guns. By their standards, that's civilized! ;->
Dick
Dick Adams wrote:

I sell a lot of Northern Telecom phone equipment and I used to sell a lot of DSC security systems. All good stuff produced in Canada.
TDD

Maybe the same reason we truck empty sandbags from Iraq down to Kuwait, fill them and truck them north.
http://threetrilliondollarwar.org/2008/10/16/us-forces-in-iraq-forced-to-import-sandbags-from-kuwait /
another Jim

Because we have a 100,000 illegal alians and shovels available.

Get in touch Jim. The US has the best sandbaggers - not in the world, not in the solar system, but in the whole damn Milky Way. We currently have 535 sandbaggers housed in two areas - The House and the Senate.