Lubicating rubber gaskets in garbage disposall?

I've read that it is a good idea to lubricate the rubber gaskets in the garbage disposal when it's left idle for several months. What and where are the gaskets they're talking about? What's the purpose?
There shouldn't be any. Not around the motor shaft, that moves too fast to have used an o ring. And not sealing the pipes together either, you don't lubricate those.
Aside from making sure no food is left in it, there's not much to do. I suppose a spritz of lubricating oil in the drain might keep moisture off of the blades and inhibit rust but I don't know anyone who does that.

are
I am not sure what you read or where.
I will share this. A family member formerly spent the winters in Florida. The disposal never worked when they came home. We started adding a 1/4 cup of cooking oil to a dry running disposal on the morning they left. It solved the problem with no ill affects.
YMMV
--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.