Lowering the thermostat during the day

Page 2 of 2
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Just on oversight on the seller's web page, I would guess.
http://customer.honeywell.com/Honeywell/getliterature.axd?LiteratureIDi-1701.pdf see page 30-31
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

All Honeywell thermostats use the same logic for adaptive recovery. I've never had a problem with control during abrupt changes in weather. For example - the other day the overnight low temperature here went from about 65 to about 40, and the next morning the 'wake' setpoint was reached at 7:00 AM, right on schedule. Not sure how they do it, but it works.
The external sensor on the T8624 is only used for temperature display. OTOH, the external sensor on the TH8320 can be used for extended control of heat pump systems such as locking out the heat strips above a certain outdoor temperature.
http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com/techlit/PDF/69-0000s/69-1706.pdf
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I think it depends somewhat on what you home is constructed of. I live in a stone house built about 200 years ago in the old style (meaning the walls are entirely stone not a stone facade). The stone walls tend to hold the heat for a time. What I generally do is keep the house at the lowest setting on the thermostat during the week and just use a woodstove at night ;)
Rob

The stone walls can hold a lot of sensible heat, but they are also very poor insulators and move that heat out quickly. You don't give any indication of climate either. Your heating pattern will vary quite a bit if you are in South Carolina or in Ontario.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Pennsylvania. It is 4 degrees farenheit outside right now but toasty here by the woodstove :)
Rob