Low volume toilets

Perhaps a solution for drinking water but it does not address agriculture where most of the water goes. The only good thing that might come out of "penny a gallon" tap water is people might abandon the most wasteful use of water, squirting on their lawn.

Reply to
gfretwell

=3D=3D I'm laughing so hard, that I can hardly type (key) this. So true, so true, the hype over the past twenty years about low-flow toilets has been just that...HYPE.

I'm going to save your posting and send it to all of my friends and relatives...I'm sure that they will agree with you. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Around here there are springs bubbling up everywhere..There is several less than 100 feet from my house..My well is 150 feet deep...The deepest well I have heard of is 300 feet..Only to try to get iron free water...Most of the lakes are spring fed...Here we export water...Ever hear of Poland Springs Water ?? My bullshit meter is going off full blast....

Reply to
benick

There are certainly places that have plenty of water but they are decreasing in number. Another problem is some of these springs are being contaminated with various chemicals. The Ogallala Aquifer in the central states of the US may be the most troubling. That is the bread basket of America and when that water source is stressed it could affect our food supply. The central valley in California is already rationing water. We were there last year and saw vast stretches of crops turning brown in the field because they were denied water. South Florida is also rationing water in the dry season.

Reply to
gfretwell

Just take a pill. When we renovated our bathroom 3 years ago we FINALLY swapped out the "high flow" toilet that was in the house when we bought it for a low-flow Toto Ultimate. The old toilet used gallons for each flush, yet we still needed a plunger frequently. The low-flow toilet has NEVER, EVER needed a second flush much less stopped up. It doesn't need to be scrubbed constantly like the old one, either. Just buy a QUALITY toilet, not a $99 one from a big box store.

Damn Roy, I can't believe anyone is as dumb as me! How often do they let you out unsupervised.

Reply to
Steve B

What is your political view point, dumby? After all I make all my posts political in one manor or another.

Reply to
Steve B

=3D=3D You don't want to know my politics...but I'll give you a hint.

You made a mistake by sending the redcoats back to England...you could have been Canada South.

Too late now. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

We flush twice to send things to Canada.

Reply to
Steve B