Low volume toilets

Page 2 of 2

<SNIP previously quoted stuff to edit for space>

My experience is that veggies don't make me generate floaters. Some gas-producing foods sometimes do when my digestion system is not used to them (such as if I eat a large quantity of beans after 2 weeks or hardly eating any).
The main blame I hear for floaters is unabsorbed fat content, usually from a combination of fat consumption and bile from the liver not doing its job.
Meanwhile, I have seen 1.6 gallon per flush toilets that flush as well as I have ever seen a toilet flush.

<SNIP>
On 4/3/2010 10:23 PM, Steve B wrote:

had to replace old toilets and have had no problems with the new ones. I guess they overcame design deficiencies of the original no flushers. I'm on well and septic so I don't care about price of water but it is nice not to have as much for the drain field to handle.
Steve B wrote the following:

Good points. :-) I'm not causing any problems upstream or downstream. I get my water directly from the ground, use it, and put it back in the ground in a different place. I have 3 old American Standard Plebe toilets. The 5 gallon type, I think. The only bad thing about my setup is that the 220 volt, 3/4 horsepower well pump has to replace the flushed water. This costs electricity Recently I installed one of the dual flush converter types. MJSI HYR270 HydroRight Drop-In Dual Flush Converter (usual disclaimer applies). I got mine through Amazon. The old style flusher handle on the front of the tank is replaced with a dual button flusher. The top button flushes about 2-3 gallons of the 5, which is enough for #1 The bottom button unloads the tank for #2. So far it works well. I'll be getting two more for the other toilets
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

== I'm laughing so hard, that I can hardly type (key) this. So true, so true, the hype over the past twenty years about low-flow toilets has been just that...HYPE.
I'm going to save your posting and send it to all of my friends and relatives...I'm sure that they will agree with you. ==
On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 14:24:23 -0700, Roy wrote:

Damn Roy, I can't believe anyone is as dumb as me! How often do they let you out unsupervised.
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:06:16 -0400, Steve B wrote:

What is your political view point, dumby? After all I make all my posts political in one manor or another.

== You don't want to know my politics...but I'll give you a hint.
You made a mistake by sending the redcoats back to England...you could have been Canada South.
Too late now. ==