Low-friction track for sliding 60lb box about 3 feet.

Harbor Freight has an ad in the paper for a mover's dolly for $ 7.99 instead of the regular $ 15. Maybe you can set the box on that and if needed put down some treated 2x6 boards for the runners. Probably will not need them unless on the ground.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I used to impress this gal I knew, she was 5-11 and 230lbs. I would throw her over my shoulder and carry her around. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If you have someone who caters to used store fixturing in your area, you may be able to come up with a worn, bent, or otherwise usable chunk. These things are common where trucks are unloaded.

Reply to
DanG

Get some of those "EZ Sliders" they advertize on late-night TV. They'l move 200 lbs with no problem, Just big teflon or something coated pads that you slip under the load - slide on carpet, tile, hardwood etc but not much good on rough concrete.

Reply to
clare

What's wrong with casters?

Reply to
clare

Get a couple of pillow-blocks for each end and mount pulliys on the end of axles - roll the pulleys on peices of angle iron on the ground like ^.

Reply to
clare