Low flow bowl to a normal flow tank for toliet. Can I do this?

I was just curious if I can replace just my toilet bowl and reuse my existing tank. That way I would be pushing 3 gallons of so through a low flow bowl. I would think that would give me a really good flush. Anyone try this or do they make them incompatible with each other or something?
3 gal through a 1.5 gallon hole, sounds messy, Let us know if it works.
Childfree Scott wrote:

bowl,,, the new toilet bowl is also the problem with a bad flush as it has a smaller diameter exit hole(cavity) to let the waste exit........

My new bowl is much better than the old, both for flushing better and keeping itself clean.
Same here. But then, it's an American Standard Cadet.

The bolt pattern is different. There is an adapter for less than 5 dollars, Home Depot had them. Or you can mak one for yourself with a couple of flat steel stock with the holes positioned properly. Not a big deal.

Interesting. I knew that there had to be someone who has already done this. I was asking in the theoretical sense. Just hoping to come across someone who had and could report back.
I had made one with a couple of simple lengths of steel with two holes in each, and someone in this group told me about the adapter.
When I was doing a lot of experimenting, I had put an old 3.5 gallon tank on my American Standard Cadet commode. We ran it for quite a while with that, and verified that it did indeed flush very nicely with less water. We first put a one gallon container in the tank. Still flushed great. Then I put a couple of 2-quart ones in. Still an excellent flush, with no double-flushes.
My current 'tank' is a section of 6" pipe, in the wall, that holds exactly 1.5 gallons of water. And people that flush it for the first time are startled at how quickly and thoroughly it flushes.

By the way, before making such a change, check to see how big the opening into the commode is. Some commodes were taken into the 1.6 gallon/flush era by simple narrowing the inlet. How pathetic. 2" opening from the tank, an inch into the commode portion. The Cadet commode inlet has an opening of a little over 2".

There are more differences between the two parts than just the tank. The bowls are designed differently and I wonder is you might experience overflow possibilities if there was a clog.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math