Low CFM ventillation fan

I'm looking for a decent quality inline fan that will move air through a 4" pipe, 30 feet long, but at a low CFM rate, perhaps 10 cfm. All of the bath fans I've seen are 50 cfm or more or the variable speed DC fans that are somewhat expensive (> $200).

I don't think I've seen lower than 50 CFM. But for that long of a run, you might be better off with a 50 CFM. Is this for a bathroom? 10 CFM seems low.

I don't think I've seen lower than 50 CFM. But for that long of a run, you might be better off with a 50 CFM. Is this for a bathroom? 10 CFM seems low.
Just buy a 50 CFM, make sure it's the kind with a squirrel cage blower, and block off part of the intake with a piece of tin can.
Al
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:51:16 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier

Not for a bathroom but for a solarium to remove excess heat. I want to keep as much of the conditioned air as possible. I'd like a Panasonic, but I've only found a 120 CFM unit. I plan to reduce the flow my installing a timer that goes on/off several times a day. Anyone know about an inline 50 cfm inline squirrel-cage fan I can use?

Panasonic may be DC and a more efficent motor, but im not sure. Set up one by thermostat, it will only run when needed. A timer, so it runs on a cloudy rainy cold day? And what if 50cfm wont be enough, a thermostat is best.
look up bathroom vents plumbing supply or ww Grainger on internet Tony

The longer the run, the less cfm, is it is rated 50 by itself, at 30 ft it will be measurably less, 50 is not much. Bath vent fans I have seen are 70-110 cfm, they dont pull alot of air. You need to fing a spec sheet , 50 may be to low for you, it wont be 50cfm comming out of 30ft pipe.

Strip the fan from a computer power supply, power it with a wall wart.