Long wood to tile transition question

Hi,

I'm putting in 5/8" bamboo (glue down). They call it solid but I think it's actually classified as engineered. There is already porcelain tile in the kitchen. I need to transition the entrance to the kitchen. The entrance is about 9' in length. I have only seen T-moldings that are about 7'10" long. Would it be odd to do two t-moldings of equal length or is there an alternative. Alot of people talk about marble, etc.. but I assume that I need an expansion joint between the two surfaces so I think I need a T-molding. The width of the room that is parallel to the entrance is about 22 feet so there is potential for expansion. Does anyone have any suggestions for a transition?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Reply to
Stupid48

find someone with a table saw and have them make a custom transition for you. if you don't know anyone, try cabinet shops. it's pretty easy.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Cool. So a cabinet person can make a T-Molding that looks the same as what they have in the store?

Reply to
Stupid48