Location of Temperature Sensor in AC / Heat System

Hi All..

I have a Robert Shaw branded electrical / programmable thermostat for my heating and cooling systems (my heating furnaces are in my attic, and my AC units are outside my house)

The question I have is where are the temperature sensors for my RobertShaw thermostat units located ? I have one unit on my top level in my master bedroom, and one on my main level in my dining room ?

Is there a single temperature sensor my my thermostat, or is there a different one for my AC units, and my heating systems ?

Thanks

Reply to
User

User wrote in news:DUldg.42$ snipped-for-privacy@news.oracle.com:

The sensors are built into the thermostat;they are thermistors;change resistance with changes in temperature.They are a tiny seed-sized (~2mm dia.)component with two fine wires coming out of them.

Reply to
Jim Yanik