Liquid nails or wood glue; table repair?

We got a table that freinds were getting rid of that the legs broke off from. It is a dense light color wood that looks like butcher block. Some of the legs still have embedded some metal with a hex shaped opening that is a receptacle for some screws, both of which are missing a few. I don't know what was in their heads, but it looked like they tried to glue some of the legs onto the frame with polyurethane foam insulation type stuff, which seems to be coming off easily. Was wondering, if we could find more of the metal hex receptacles, would it be better to secure them with wood glue or liquid nails or something else? Hubby's talking replacing some of the hardware with t nuts. ares

is
know
the
The old connectors may be those commonly used by Ikea and other sources of build-it-yourself furniture. Ikea also sells extra assembly hardware.
-- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)
On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:40:41 -0400, "Don Phillipson"

Also check around your town for a place that sells that sort of stuff, we have one here in Asheville that carries a lot of cool little items.
Thanks, I think it is an IKEA style item. We like the challenge sometimes of refurbishing castoffs and we don't have the $ to pitch on new things. ares

Our Home Depot carries many of these hardware bits in their nuts/bolts/washers etc bins.
Called "knockdown hardware".
Watch out for threading. I think the Ikea stuff is metric. I'm pretty sure the HD stuff isn't.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
ares wrote:

do what the neighbors were doing... throw it out... then you wont have their problem....