Lightbulb paint

Hey all -
I googled for this, and got a couple hits, but thought I would ask here.
I finally got my 1A2 phone system up and running..... and now it's time to 'customize' it.
I'm thinking I want the lights to be blue instead of clear. When I was a kid, I remember buying light bulb paint at radio shack; wondering if anyone here knows where this could be obtained nowadays.
If I can't find that, I'm thinking I could also get something working with something like the gels they use in fresnel lights.
Or any other ideas? These are pretty small bulbs, but also very bright. Heat won't be an issue.
Thanks Matt

If you are sure they don't get truly hot to the touch, then you can use "Colorine", available at some theater supply shops.
Otherwise learn how to use LEDs there (connect DC only and only through a resistor of the proper value and wattage, don't try to match voltage to avoid a resistor), and get blue LEDs.
More on powering LEDs: http://www.misty.com/~don/ledd.html

Christmas light bulbs !!!!!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote in wrote:

Lacquer? Maybe like for model airplanes?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Try nail polish. Lacquer in lots of colors. Find it cheap at a Dollar store.
Some auto supply stores used to have bulb paint specifically for instrument lights - mostly in blue or amber.
If you choose to go the LED route, as Don suggests, you may find this resistor calculator helpful --->
http://d21c.com/krnspn/HTML/LEDresistorcalc.html
Joe