Light/Electrical wall plates

I'm looking for some ideas on how to make the wall plates look good where they fit against the wall. My walls are textured, so there are random gaps between the wall and wall plates.
Thanks,
Ken snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
Put the plate on, carefully score (cut) around the edges of it. Remove the plate and scrape, sand, whatever, the surface that the plate comes in contact with. The put the plate back on and see if it's resessed enough.