Lifting an existing house onto pylons

I recently purchased a 30 year old house on the coast. The house is currently on a crawl space, but I would like to lift the house onto pylons before I renovate and add-on. Can anyone tell me if lifting the existing 1100sqft onto pylons would be smart to do, cost effective, etc.? Or would the project be so extensive that I would be better off leveling the house and starting from scratch with a new house? Any advice is welcome.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@sc.rr.com wrote:

In the Charleston SC area, houses of all types have been lifted and moved. The simpler the footprint of the building and the more regualr the framing, the easier. TB

Thanks. I will check into the cost.

This is one of those times where the only way to find out is get quotes from house movers/raisers, and make the judgement yourself based on your perception of the cost/benefit ratio.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est