Let me help

Have you ever had a customer who wouldn't give you a moments peace?

Would you like a pop? Let me get you some more towels so you won't get wet. Here, let me get you a tape measure. Basin wrench? Hey, I've probably got one in my kitchen drawer. I've got all kinds of tools from the Dollar Store. Oh, you're taking notes and writing this down? Let me get you a pad and paper. Want to use my ball point pen? Hang on, let me get you the tape measure from Dollar Store. What, you want a twenty five foot tape measure, what's that? You mean this Dollar Store tape measure isn't a twenty five footer?

How many times can you say, in the same hour "It's really a lot easier if you let me use my own tools."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds pretty annoying to me! I usually leave the contractors alone and offer a cold drink....they never turn that down living out here in the sunshine state....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

In article , cayoung61- #spamblock*-@hotmail.com says... :) NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:04:43 EST :) Organization: Road Runner :) Have two quotes handy...the cheaper quote to do the job...the other quote if they want to help....

Reply to
Lar

Somewhere around 3% of the time. You fell guilty when you get irratated because they really do mean well and are just trying to be nice.

When the designer goes to the job with me to entertain the client is when I have my best days. Actually the ones who have known me the longest usually intrroduce me as not minding if they watch but I do charge extra if they help.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Reply to