Leaning lamp post

I have a gas lantern lamp post that is leaning. I perfer not to dig too deep to make it upright since it is gas.
I was thinking, dig deep enough to pour cement base (maybe 1ft down) , pull lamppost to upright position, and then set in quickcrete.
Has anyone tried something like this?
On 28 Jul 2006 07:09:17 -0700, c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Make the hole round EXCEPT for the direction that the post leans. Dig a small 4 x4 inch trench a couple of feet long and tie it in to the main hole and you will have fixed the problem permanently.